The Structural Stability Research Council invites interested individuals to join it in its mission:
- To maintain a forum where the structural stability aspects of metal and composite metal‑and‑concrete structures and their components can be presented for evaluation and pertinent structural research problems proposed for investigation.
- To review the world literature on structural stability of metal and composite metal‑and‑concrete structures and study the properties of materials available for their construction, and to make the results widely available to the engineering profession.
- To organize, administer and guide cooperative research projects in the field of structural stability, and to solicit financial support for such projects.
- To promote publication and dissemination of research information in the field of structural stability.
- To study the application of the results of research to stability design of metal and composite metal‑and‑concrete structures and to develop comprehensive and consistent strength and performance criteria and encourage consideration thereof by specification, code and standard‑writing bodies.